The video describes the SALSA program for schools looking to adopt the program. It will be launched by Professor Susan Sawyer at the Lifestyle Medicine 2020 Virtual International Conference:
University students as volunteer educators for the SALSA and Triple A programs were acknowledged for their participation and handed their certificate by: Emeritus Professor Stephen Leeder.
Check out the new SALSA “Simple Changes” Video!
“Simple Changes” is the core video for students taking the SALSA program. Students watch the video and use it to learn valuable lessons about healthy eating and physical activity.
The video was co-designed between PERU staff and high school students already participating in the SALSA program, as well as industry partners Visionary Digital Studios.
- Leadership Days August 16th and 19th, 2019:
- The Leadership Day workshop aims to build leadership and advocacy skills of SALSA Peer Leaders, empowering them to develop either a healthy eating, or physical activity, School Action Plan.
- Action Day 25th November, 2019:
- The Action Day provides a platform for student voice to be heard by health and education professionals. Students showcase their healthy eating or physical activity School Action Plans.
All SALSA schools to receive SALSA kits designed to ensure a seamless implementation of the SALSA program in high schools. The kit includes all resources, including the updated SALSA Peer Leader Manual. The funding of the kit is from Mrs Patricia McAlary and the Western Sydney Primary Health Network.
The Triple A Online model provides another option of delivery for schools. We recognise that we must move forward to continue to provide leadership opportunities for students, including a platform to develop STEM skills, recognised as essential for future generations.
SALSA online provides a different option of delivery for schools. We recognise that we must move forward to continue to provide leadership opportunities for students, including a platform to develop STEM skills, recognised as essential for future generations.
- Term 4 Dates – October 29th 2020 & November 9th 2020
The Leadership Day workshop is a co-curricular opportunity for students and will be run online, in partnership with education.
- SALSA Youth Voices Action Day –Online
The Action Day will provide an online forum for students to showcase their actions and ideas on promoting healthy eating or increased physical activity in adolescents.
Supported by a small grant from Population Health, in 2019, the original posters including the tagline ‘Time to control your Cravings’ were distributed to GPs, pharmacies and schools to prompt smokers to talk to their health professionals to help them quit smoking